The Election’s Over … Now What Happens to My Money?
Now that the election is over, investors are wondering what the future has in store for their portfolios. The reality is that while elections may have short term impacts on the markets, over the long run, the impact is minimal. A Free Market System is based on capitalism, which always finds a way to thrive. Our structured portfolios are based on a long-term investment philosophy and will be more efficient than active management if and when taxes increase. Our portfolio managers at Matson Money are prepared to rebalance if necessary to ensure you maintain your expected risk tolerance level.
So what should you, as an investor do now?
- Stay positive. Nothing beneficial has ever come out of being negative.
- Get educated to break the investor’s dilemma.
- Fear of the future leads to trying to find someone who can predict the future.
- Since nobody can predict the future accurately, investors look to track record investing, which academically has proven to be disastrous.
- Trying to find the right answers leads to information overload, which leads to frustration and emotion-based decisions.
- Since we as humans gravitate toward pleasure and retreat from pain, we break the rules of prudent investing and sell investments that are doing poorly and buy what’s increased in value.
- This, in turn, leads to performance losses, which leads to more fear of the future. The investor’s dilemma starts all over again in a never-ending cycle.
We, as investor coaches, are here to help you break the investor’s dilemma and tune out all the media hype of doom and gloom. Every month we offer educational classes to help you understand what’s really important in investing. Our ultimate goal is to guide you along the road to true investing peace of mind.
Call us to find out when the next investor coaching session is and reserve your seat!