Probate in Colorado
Probate is the legal process involving the administration of a deceased person’s will or the estate of a deceased person without a will (known as dying “intestate”). Probate is carried out within a Probate Court and is the process in which:
• A will is declared valid or invalid;
• Property is transferred from the deceased to an heir or a beneficiary named in a will;
• An executor of an estate is given legal standing to handle the estate’s business;
• The liabilities and bills of the estate are paid;
• The assets of the estate are distributed.
Hammond Law Group understands the ins and outs of both Formal Probate and Informal Probate in Colorado because we’ve been there with clients many times. We can assist you with:
• Preparing and filing probate forms and paperwork;
• Advising and assisting with the sale of the estate’s assets;
• Advising and assisting with the payment of the estate’s liabilities and bills;
• Requesting permission from the probate court for various actions as required under Colorado law;
• Obtaining a taxpayer identification number for the estate and file the final tax return;
When you engage us to represent you in a Probate situation in Colorado, you are hiring a team with decades of collective experience with probate law. Our team will guide you through all legal aspects of Colorado probate, and will be your advocate through every step of the probate process.
Call our office at 719-520-1474 or 303-736-6060
or use the button below to schedule a Personal Consultation